As the weather starts to get colder, I always crave a big bowl of warm oatmeal in the mornings. If you've got ten minutes to enjoy breakfast at home, try making this apple and cinnamon oatmeal. Adding an apple to your oatmeal is a great way to get extra nutrients and stay full for longer. Apples are an excellent source of fiber and Vitamin C. If you don't have as much time in the mornings, try making overnight oats or chia pudding, which you can easily take with you on-the-go.
Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sized apple, finely diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup nut milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats (I love Purely Elizabeth Super Food Oats)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Add coconut oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Next add in the diced apple and cinnamon.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until the apples are coated in coconut oil and cinnamon, and the apple starts to soften.
- Add in nut milk of your choice and bring to a boil.
- Next, add in gluten-free oats and stir.
- Add in collagen peptides, flax seeds and almond butter.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes until the oats are soft.
- Top with hemp seeds, more apples or diced walnuts!
TRY ONE OF THESE APPLE-INFUSED SMOOTHIES