If you're craving a decadent dessert, but want a healthier choice, this chocolate avocado mousse is the perfect solution. It's vegan, refined-sugar free, packed with healthy fats and requires only 5 minutes to make!
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Avocados are full of monounsaturated fats which are shown to regulate blood sugar levels. They contain fiber, protein, fat soluble vitamins like A,E and K, and other anti-inflammatory compounds such as polyphenols and flavonoids.
- Raw cacao powder contains up to two grams of fiber per tablespoon, making it a low calorie and high-nutrient alternative to processed chocolate. Cacao powder also contains an abundance of iron and magnesium.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (For best results, refrigerate the coconut milk for up to 1 hour before serving)
- Add everything into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- You can eat it right then, or you can put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Top it off with fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut flakes or cacao nibs.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
TRY THESE DELICIOUS & HEALTHY DESSERT SMOOTHIES AND TREATS