Spring is officially here and there's no better time to switch up your cooking routine. Trade in roasted vegetables for lighter, sweeter salads like this Strawberry Arugula Salad from Sullivan Street Eats. The delicious plant-based meal uses a few simple ingredients along with a homemade vinaigrette.
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
- Strawberries are high in fiber and vitamin C.
- Aside from tasting delicious, strawberries can help boost short term memory and have anti-aging properties. They are also filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails.
- Arugula is an excellent source of of folate, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- The beta-carotene in arugula is an excellent source of carotenoids, which helps support eye health.
Strawberry Arugula Salad
Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 as an entree, 4 as a side dish
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1.5 cups of strawberries, sliced and quartered
- 1/3 cup of Kite Hill Truffle Dill & Chive Crumbles (more as needed)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
For The Dressing:
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely diced
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, strawberries, pecans and Kite Hill cheese.
- In a mason jar, whisk together the champagne vinegar, minced garlic clove, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
- Gently toss before serving and garnish with additional Kite Hill crumbles and pecans.
More Spring Recipes:Healthy & Zesty Dijon Potato Salad
TRY ONE OF THESE STRAWBERRY-INFUSED SMOOTHIES:
Berry Blend, $8 // Blended Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana, Coconut Milk, Agave
Chia Berry, $8 // Blended Chia Seeds, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Lemon, H20, Agave
PB & JUS, $8 // Natural Peanut Butter, Strawberry, Banana, Rice Milk