Being prepared is key when snacking, especially if you're always on the go. Whether you're looking for a new quick lunch idea, or need a snack that can travel well in the car or on a plane, these veggie summer rolls are the perfect choice. They're easy to make, plus they are full of flavor.
WHY WE LOVE THEM
- These brown rice paper rolls are not only light and refreshing, but they're also packed with tons of essential vitamins including beta-carotene from the carrots, Vitamin C from the red peppers and Vitamin K from the green cabbage. The avocado makes it a well-balanced snack by adding heart healthy monounsaturated fats.
Read More: Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
VEGAN VEGGIE SUMMER ROLLS
Servings: 4 rolls
- 4 brown rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Fill a pan or shallow bowl with warm water. Dunk the brown rice paper wrapper into the water for 20 seconds. Make sure the wrapper is fully covered in the water, then remove and lay flat on a cutting board. The wrapper may still be firm, but it will start to soften.
- Add a handful of cabbage to the lower half of the rice paper wrapper. Next add a few carrot slices, a few slices of red pepper and lastly 2 avocado slices.
- Fold in both edges and continue to wrap until all ingredients are enclosed.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- For the dipping sauce, add almond butter, sesame oil, tamari, water and Sriracha into a bowl and whisk together. If the sauce is too thick add in more water.
PAIR WITH A BOOSTER SHOT FOR THE PERFECT ON THE GO SNACK: