Even if you’re not well-versed in the wellness world you’ve probably heard that turmeric has “super powers.” Turmeric has been used for thousands of years in Asian and Indian cuisine, but only in the last few years has it been making its debut appearance. One of turmeric’s main compounds is curcumin, a powerful antioxidant that helps rid our bodies of free radicals and other environmental toxins. When you combine turmeric with black pepper, it increases the amount of curcumin your body can absorb. There are countless ways to add turmeric into your daily diet, but these turmeric bliss balls are delicious, easy to make and make the perfect mid-afternoon treat!
Turmeric Bliss Balls
Servings: Makes 10-12 balls
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp collagen peptides (optional - omit if vegan)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 pitted dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- Add pitted dates to a bowl of hot water and let sit for 5-10 minutes until soft. This ensures they will blend well and hold everything together.
- Add the walnuts and cashews into a food processor and pulse for 30-45 seconds.
- Add in the turmeric powder, cinnamon, black pepper, collagen peptides and vanilla extract. Pulse for 5-10 seconds until the spices are blended.
- Add in the dates and blend on high until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll into balls ½ inch in size.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Read More: Easy No-Bake Almond Butter Protein Bars
TRY THESE DELICIOUS NO-BAKE BALLS