Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and with that comes all of the delicious food. While the traditional sides like yams, mashed potatoes and stuffing are essential, we love adding in extra vegetables wherever we can. These shredded brussels sprouts are a delicious and healthy option that can be served alongside your other favorite sides. The cast-iron skillet helps to cook them evenly throughout and the chopped toasted nuts give the a little extra crunch for texture.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Chopped Nuts
- Cast-iron Skillet
- 16 oz (about 3 cups) of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Rinse and the brussels sprouts.
- Chop off the ends and then cut into halves.
- Place in a food processor and pulse for ~1 minute until shredded into small pieces. (Alternatively, you can slice the brussels sprouts.)
- Heat up cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the olive oil and brussels sprouts.
- Season with salt & pepper and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until crispy. I recommend using tongs and continuously stirring so they get evenly coated in olive oil.
- Add in chopped pecans or walnuts for a little extra crunch!
ADD THESE FRESH SOUPS AS AN EASY SIDE DISH