Just like drinking coffee, or meditating, breakfast is an essential part of a morning routine. If you're one of those people that's constantly rushing out the door with a granola bar or skipping breakfast all together, you can easily have a delicious and nutritious protein-packed breakfast on-the-go with a little preparation. These egg muffins make a great meal prep staple and can be customized depending on what vegetables and proteins are in season and available!
WHY WE LOVE THEM
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein. One of the best health benefits of eggs is their ability to reduce the risk of heart disease and improve cardiovascular function.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20-22 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 egg muffins
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 8 large cage-free brown eggs
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 link of a Whole30 approved chicken sausage (can substitute other protein or omit completely)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 muffin tin
- Optional - add in a tbsp of dairy-free pesto
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a muffin tin with olive oil or avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk with eggs and set aside.
- Rinse and chop the vegetables and sausage (or protein of your choice) and add into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tins and leave about 1/2 inch, as the muffins will rise once they cook.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool completely before removing.
- Store in your favorite Tupperware and re-heat in the microwave before eating.
PAIR YOUR EGG MUFFIN WITH OUR PROBIOTIC COLD BREW