If you’re in need of a light and refreshing salad, look no further. This shredded cabbage and carrot salad has a delicious crunchy texture and we love that it can be kept in the fridge for a few days, making it a great make-ahead meal prep option. Not only will it add a beautiful pop of color to your plate, but it is also packed with nutrients. Pair it with your favorite protein or enjoy it on its own.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamins C and K and a good source of folate. It helps lower LDL cholesterol, reduce inflammation and helps aid in digestion.
- Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamins A, C and K. The beta carotene helps improve eye health and boost immunity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar aids in digestion by improving the acid content of your stomach and helps you break down your food.
Shredded Red Cabbage & Shaved Carrot Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups raw shredded red cabbage (about 1 medium purple cabbage or ½ large head of cabbage)
- 4 large carrots, about 2 cups of carrot ribbons
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pureed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut off the end of the cabbage. Cut into quarters and place into a food processor. Pulse for 10-15 seconds until the cabbage is shredded into small pieces.
- Rinse carrots. Using a carrot peeler, make large ribbons.
- In a mason jar, shake together the apple cider vinegar, raw honey, minced garlic clove, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt & pepper and olive oil. Toss the cabbage and carrots in the dressing.
- Cover and place in the fridge. Let sit at least 2 hours before serving, preferably overnight.
More Spring Salads:
SIP ON THESE REFRESHING SMOOTHIES WHILE ENJOYING YOUR SALAD
Day Glow, $8 // Carrot, Apple, Pineapple, Rice Milk
Green Radiance, $8 // Spinach, Apples, Strawberries, Mango, Coconut Oil, Ginger