In the mood for a salty and satisfying snack? Instead of reaching for store-bought popcorn that is usually filled with chemicals, try our easy DIY recipe instead. This coconut oil popcorn is so simple to make and uses just 3 ingredients. Whether you are enjoying a Netflix night at home, or need a new snack to bring on your next picnic, this popcorn is the perfect pick-me-up. For an extra burst of flavor, use Himalayan sea salt, or spice things up with your favorite seasoning.
Coconut Oil Popcorn
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: About 4
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of high-quality corn kernels
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat and place 3 un-popped corn kernels in the pan. Cover with a lid.
- Once the three kernels have popped, remove the pan from heat and remove the 3 popped kernels.
- Add in the remaining 2/3 cup of kernels, cover and place over heat for 2 minutes.
- Once all kernels have popped, remove the lid and season with Himalayan pink sea salt salt, or your favorite seasonings like garlic salt, nutritional yeast, or rosemary.
TRY THESE OTHER HEALTHY SAVORY SNACKS