When it comes to a warming drink to sip on around the holidays, apple cider is often top of the list. Although traditional apple cider is delicious, there are a few ways to spice it up. I love picking up apple cider from my local farmer's market and adding a few ingredients to boost the health benefits. I specifically add Manuka honey and cinnamon for their nutritious properties! Read on to see why I love them.
Why I Love It
- Manuka honey is a specific type of honey produced in New Zealand. It's one of the most beneficial forms of honey because it's known to help cure allergies, sore throats and treat burns or skin wounds.
- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, helps improve circulation and helps stabilize blood sugar.
Elevated Apple Cider
- 1.5 cups of apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Manuka honey
- Add apple cider to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks and a teaspoon of Manuka honey. Stir well.
- Transfer to a mug and enjoy!
TRY ONE OF THESE APPLE-INFUSED SMOOTHIES