These days, it’s easier than ever to eat healthy while you travel. More restaurants are incorporating seasonal and organic produce on their menus. Considering Denver is one of the top 10 cities to live in, it’s no surprise that it has some of the best healthy restaurants in the U.S. Next time you’re in Denver be sure to check out some of these spots!
Read More: 5 Tips For Staying Healthy While Traveling
Devil’s Food Bakery
- If you’re looking for a farm-to-table veggie-centric menu try Devil’s Food. It’s nestled on a quiet street close to one of Denver’s largest parks. Their menu is constantly changing based on what’s in-season, but be sure to go for brunch. Order the quinoa cakes which come with an assortment of veggies, a poached egg and mouth-watering sauces. They also make delicious homemade breads that rotate daily. If you can’t sit for a full meal, try stopping next door at their coffee shop and bakery for a quick bite.
- You can never go wrong at True Food. Their abundant menu offers tons of gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly options. They have a mix of healthy comfort foods including salads, sandwiches and hearty grain bowls. If you’re looking for something indulgent and healthy, try the spaghetti squash casserole or the seasonal ingredient salad. They also have delicious “refreshers” like the Adaptogenic Tulsi Tea with ginger, lemon and honey, or the “Kale Aid” with kale, ginger, apple, celery, cucumber and lemon.
- Root Down is focused on sustainability, seasonal produce and serving all types of food for everyone's dietary needs. They have their own garden on-site where they grow seasonal produce that's incorporated into the ever-changing menu. Root Down is a great brunch or dinner option. They offer a variety of small plates and a few entrees with lots of vegan and gluten-free options. If you go for brunch be sure to order their almond pancakes!
- This fast casual spot is the perfect place to build your own salad with fresh seasonal ingredients, or you can try one of their pre-curated salads. If you don’t want a salad, they also offer delicious breakfast foods. They have locations all over Denver, but the best part is that there is a location in Denver International Airport, so you can grab a healthy pre-flight meal.
- Denver might be landlocked, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have quality fish. Sushi Den is one of Denver’s most well-known restaurants because they fly in their fish fresh daily. With a large menu, there are tons of options to choose from including their miso cod, or you can opt for one of their incredible rolls. Since it’s located on Pearl Street, a charming strip with shops and other restaurants, you can walk around after and explore.
THESE SNACKS ARE PERFECT FOR TRAVELING