Blueberry season is just around the corner so put the little vitamin-packed fruit to good use and make this yummy gluten-free and refined sugar-free blueberry bread. Top it off with your favorite nut butter for a post-workout protein-filled breakfast, or take a slice with you on the go.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Blueberries are low in calories, but rich in antioxidants. They contain essential vitamins including vitamin K, C, E and B6.
- Almond flour is a delicious gluten-free baking ingredient that is low in carbs and high in fiber.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Servings: 8 Slices
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- 2 cups of unbleached almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil (or preferred oil)
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, then use a spatula to spread the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes (until golden brown).
PAIR THE BREAD WITH ONE OF THESE DELICIOUS JUICES OR NO-BAKE BITES