Apple picking season is officially here, and there's no better way to take advantage of the seasonal produce than by baking something delicious. These gluten-free apple cinnamon muffins make an amazing breakfast option or a healthy dessert.
Read More: Gluten-Free Blueberry Bread
Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 medium apple (we used Golden Delicious)
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 tbsp melted ghee (can also use melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup pure grade A maple syrup
- granola, oats or chopped nuts for the muffin tops (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin using a little coconut oil or melted ghee.
- Rinse, peel and dice the apple into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, melted ghee and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until the batter is smooth (the consistency should be thick).
- Add in the apple and stir.
- Sprinkle on granola, oats or chopped nuts. (optional)
- Evenly scoop into the muffin tin, and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Move to a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.