These no-bake almond butter protein bars are the closest thing to a frozen Snickers bar, only they have zero refined sugar and tons of nutritious ingredients. They double as a healthy dessert or pre and post-workout snack.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Almonds are an excellent source of protein and contain fiber, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin E and riboflavin. Almonds also help lower LDL cholesterol, support strong bones and teeth and promote heart health.
- Chia seeds are small, but mighty. These tiny seeds are packed with nutrients including: omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, iron, thiamin, phosphorus and calcium.
- Cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar and improves circulation.
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is a necessary building block for healthy hair, nails, skin and bones. Collagen peptides are a protein made up of short chain amino acids that help our bodies stay healthy.
No-Bake Almond Butter Protein Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes, then freeze for 2 hours
Servings: 8-10 bars
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides (omit if vegan)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in the collagen, cinnamon, flax seeds, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped almonds.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in all of the ingredients.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter in.
- Freeze for 2 hours then cut into bars.
- Store in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
TRY THESE NO-BAKE ENERGY BALLS