There's nothing better than a big scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day. While there are tons of amazing ice cream shops around the country, one of the easiest ways to save money and sneak in a healthy dessert is by making your own "nice cream."
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Bananas are an excellent source of potassium and give this ice cream a rich and creamy texture.
- Cacao powder is one of the highest sources of magnesium. It also contains more antioxidants than blueberries.
Superfood "Nice Cream"
- 3 ripe bananas frozen ahead of time (it's easier if the bananas are chopped and then frozen)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cup cacao powder
- Add the frozen bananas into a food processor and blend with the nut milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup until soft.
- Add in the cacao powder.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Store in the freezer or enjoy immediately.
FOR A QUICK AND DELICIOUS DESSERT TRY ONE OF THESE SMOOTHIES